Friday, November 14, 2014

Natural Acne Remedies

Dealing with acne can be a lot like dealing with allergies-and not just because some acne is caused by allergies. Such as allergies, you can use all the drugs in the world to cover and mask the symptoms. But unless you know the cause of your acne, the result would be, well ... is spotty at best.

Often, it's helpful to see a dermatologist. However, in my personal experience, a dermatologist who generally just gave me a prescription to deal with the symptoms (such as antibiotics) and send me on my way. If you want to know the cause of your acne, you will most likely have to be proactive about finding your own triggers.

Natural Acne Remedies

One of the biggest causes of acne in adult women is hormonal. Whether it is caused by an imbalance of real or just a normal fluctuation, almost every woman is familiar with telling the story of "a period of acne."

Acne and PMS is something that I personally struggled with for years. I put in a little time searching for the right combination of natural medicines. Metabolism of each person is different, but here are a few supplements and diet tricks that worked for me for years.

1. Diindolylmethane (DIM)

DIM is extracted from vegetables such as broccoli. DIM CAN Work Astra Honda Motor as anti-androgens and help to control the production of estrogen. ALSO initials supplements being studied Astra Honda Motor as cancer-fighting. Anda NOT Have to take the initials IF Anda planning to become pregnant.

2. Beta-Carotene and Fish Oil

Vitamin A is good for the skin, but also fat soluble, which means it is possible to overdose on it. Instead of straight Vitamin A, Beta Carotene I use. I also take fish oil capsules or fish liver oil. Fish oil has healing properties as well. Try having salmon for one or two meals per week, and you also can see the difference in your skin. (If you are a vegetarian, try evening primrose oil or flax seed oil as a substitute).

3. Green Smoothies and Lemon Water

A fresh lemon in a glass of water has a lot of vitamin C and are detoxification. Meanwhile, you can sneak some extra leafy raw vegetables in your diet by throwing a handful of spinach into regular fruit smoothies. Spinach fruit mask-you will not even feel it.

4. Acne Lamps

Acne lamp works by using blue and red spectrum light to kill bacteria on your skin. Some people have sworn by them. Others say they do nothing. Personally, I like the lights of my acne, and I see improvement in my skin when I use it. And, if nothing else, it's nice to take 10-15 minutes to sit and relax in front of the light!

5. Detox Tea

When you start looking a little green around the gills, grab a cup of tea detox. I had my own personal favorite, especially peach and berry detox flavor of the brand Yogi. They help clean toxins from the liver and kidneys, which means less toxins to the surface of your skin.

6. Black Salve

Here is one of the old-school topical medication that I rarely see mentioned: Ammonium bituminosulfonate ointment. This is an interesting picture ointment acne to head practically overnight. my parents called it a "black salve." Warning: it is oily and spicy! Cover with a band aid so that you do not tarnish your sheet. You can find this ointment in the first aid section of most drugstores.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8538938

No comments:

Post a Comment